Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Introducing Me


Hello. My name is Tiffani Freeman. I was born and raised on the gulf coast, and I recently graduated with my associate’s degree from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. I am excited to be in my first semester of the teacher program, and I am very much looking forward to one day having my own classroom. Though, I plan to start off teaching in elementary grades, I am currently working on getting an endorsement in math so that I might ultimately teach upper middle school or high school mathematics.
Over the years, I have learned to be more efficient in working with computer technology. I have taken only two computer courses throughout my high school and college education thus far, but I have learned to do many things involving a computer that was not taught to me in class, including creating a wiki space for teachers, which is very similar to a blog. Creating this wiki space showed me how helpful technology can be in education. There are tons of resources on the web that can be used for the benefit of teachers and students alike, and when I am a teacher, I plan to include technology in my lessons and encourage my students to take advantage of its resources as well. I feel lucky to have gone through school with a generation of students where it was common to experience the benefit of a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment